How do I change Resolution in Windows 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
My Hp business Notebook was upgraded to Windows 10 last week. when I first went into Settings to change the resolution so I could see the printing on the desktop, I found that when I changed the resolution, the background shrunk. So I decided against it then, as a friend said Win10 would be downloading updates to the graphics.
Tonight I went to settings to try to change the resolution, and there is no setting to accomplish the task now. I realize that my notebook has a different Graphics card, than my desktop (hermin).both are made by NVIDIA.
the resolution on the desktop is much better than that on the notebook.
is there some way to change the resolution, ie use the program for NVIDIA on the notebook?
I appreciate any advice/suggestions offered.
simonchipmunk

Solution
You can check on windows update usually it is located there on the History. But if you are still having problems just try to download from nvidia website and select the correct driver for the nvidia chip on your laptop. The laptop model usually have sticker on the laptop what kind of gpu you have or type dxdiag.exe when you click on window key or hot key window+r then type dxdiag there. click on display 1 tab you will see the name of the gpu you so you could select that in nvidia driver website.

meeko13

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Have you downloaded nvidia drivers or let windows 10 autodownload the driver? It is best to download your gpu driver from nvidia but try to disable first the automatic updates from windows 10 first since once nvidia driver is being installed, the time that the driver is being uninstalled by nvidia software windows 10 will try to update the driver from their automatic updates and the newly downloaded driver will not be installed.

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014
meeko13:i honestly don't know.those messages from windows10 appear and disappear so fast I can't click on the message to see what they say.
I forgot to download the drivers for the notebook,but had downloaded the one for the desktop before windows 10 upgraded it.
One of the members had posted a program we could download that allow us to install the drivers from NVIDIA,, and block windows 10 from interfering. I wrote the program down somewhere,and will have to find my notes.
is there somewhere in windows10 where we cansee what was downloaded?

meeko13

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
You can check on windows update usually it is located there on the History. But if you are still having problems just try to download from nvidia website and select the correct driver for the nvidia chip on your laptop. The laptop model usually have sticker on the laptop what kind of gpu you have or type dxdiag.exe when you click on window key or hot key window+r then type dxdiag there. click on display 1 tab you will see the name of the gpu you so you could select that in nvidia driver website.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.