[SOLVED] How do I change the network name and PW for our W10 printer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alanattom

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2012
Thanks for responding!

I installed the printer several years ago.

I clicked on the link, and I will try to download and install the program.

From what I read on the linked page it seems like all I need to do is change the IP address (which, I assume, was changed when the new router as installed?)....

Thank you again,

Alan

Simple search for "Samsung SL-M2020W/XAA" gives plenty of options:

You should find the manual somewhere in this list (https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...rinter-series/16462592/model/16462596/manuals)

Though, if you don't have the manual just how did you set the printer up in the first place?

From my experience with Samsung small printers: You will have to connect that printer with USB, and fire up Samsung utility to (re)configure the networking. Since HP has bought Samsung printer business couple of years ago, your best bet would be to find out the CD which shipped with that printer.

alanattom

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2012
Thank you!

That is exactly what I wound up doing, and it worked fine.

(I did find the original CD, but I didn't want to force it into my DVD reader, and finally I located the program buried in the HP website.)

Thank you again,

Alan

From my experience with Samsung small printers: You will have to connect that printer with USB, and fire up Samsung utility to (re)configure the networking. Since HP has bought Samsung printer business couple of years ago, your best bet would be to find out the CD which shipped with that printer.

Status
Not open for further replies.