[SOLVED] How do i change the ram frequency on asus board?

RhinoTV

Reputable
Mar 2, 2017
Hello

I just installed my 32gb (16x2) Trident Z RGB and noticed it wasnt running at the MHz it said it was. I tried to change it myself however I couldn't see the option 'D.O.C.P'. I've an asus board but only saw XMP. I had that on and set it to 3200Mhz but it wouldnt boot back to windows. I tried a couple of different things but everytime it booted in safe mode. Mobo is a ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING

Solution
check the QVL list on your motherboard\s support page when you want to get new Ram, it would have worked with the xmp profile out of the box if it was compatible, docp is an overclocking profile that does mostly the same thing, but xmp profiles for the rated speed of your ram should work if it was compatible.
I haven't used Intel chipsets in a while but this is how it goes anyway.
load the xmp profile and try adjusting the timings, to the ones rated on the ram's package( if they are written there, if not go to their site), if it doesn't boot, loosen up the timings. like if its CL 15 set it to CL 16 ...but for the other values try ones that other ram sticks often use, by looking them up to see what timings cl 15/16/17 usually have
if its...
Jul 9, 2020
check the QVL list on your motherboard\s support page when you want to get new Ram, it would have worked with the xmp profile out of the box if it was compatible, docp is an overclocking profile that does mostly the same thing, but xmp profiles for the rated speed of your ram should work if it was compatible.
I haven't used Intel chipsets in a while but this is how it goes anyway.
load the xmp profile and try adjusting the timings, to the ones rated on the ram's package( if they are written there, if not go to their site), if it doesn't boot, loosen up the timings. like if its CL 15 set it to CL 16 ...but for the other values try ones that other ram sticks often use, by looking them up to see what timings cl 15/16/17 usually have
if its a cl16 3200mhz variant, the voltage should be 1.36 for example.
Tuning ram to make it work is always time consuming and frustrating, I hate doing it.
If you can't get it working send it back, but someone else may have one of these parts and be better equipped to help you :p

Solution