[SOLVED] how do i change which graphics card is the power saving card.

theheadshotdude

Reputable
Jul 31, 2017
I have a dedicated graphics card, and an integrated one. I've already enabled the integrated gpu in the bios and device manager recognizes it. Now i want a specific app to use this integrated gpu instead of the dedicated one. So i went to display settings - graphics settings - graphics specifications. there i can choose between the high performance card and the power saving one, but under both is listed my dedicated gpu. how can i change which card is the power saving card?

theheadshotdude

Reputable
Jul 31, 2017
With a desktop if the monitor is plugged into the dedicated gpu then only the dedicated gpu is used unless you are using an application that can be assigned to a specific gpu. Enabling the integrated gpu would allow you to connect another monitor to it but any 3D work would perform much worse.
My problem is that an application, (that should work well with integrated graphics) crashes my pc on the RX 5600 XT. This probably has something to do with AMD's drivers... I've tried a lot of things, including uninstalling and reinstalling drivers, using different drivers, adjusting ingame settings, running the game with barely any other software running on the pc. Whatever I do the game just won't play nice. And it's only this one game. The GPU works fine in all other games. So i thought an easy solution would be to get the game to run on integrated graphics instead. The game (osu!, if that helps) isn't very demanding and I could run it pretty well on integrated.