Using WIN XP Home,I have cleaned the computer of viruses and spyware and
adware.I have disk cleaned and defraged and chkdsk.
I cannot connect to the internet. I have IE set to work online status.
My modem\network adapter is working.
IE will not connect.It states page cannot be displayed. TCP|IP is installed.
How do I trouble shoot? How Do I re install? This computer I'M fixing is
a friends and I don't have the install disks. But there is the I386 folder.

Try using Winsock fix. http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/WinsockxpFix.zip

"Joe K" <JoeK@alt.microsoft> wrote in message
> Using WIN XP Home,I have cleaned the computer of viruses and spyware and
> adware.I have disk cleaned and defraged and chkdsk.
> I cannot connect to the internet. I have IE set to work online status. My
> modem\network adapter is working.
> IE will not connect.It states page cannot be displayed. TCP|IP is
> installed.
> How do I trouble shoot? How Do I re install? This computer I'M fixing is a
> friends and I don't have the install disks. But there is the I386 folder.

In article <uwbjcOasFHA.304@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, JoeK@alt.microsoft
says...
> pcbutts1 wrote:
> > Try using Winsock fix. http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/WinsockxpFix.zip
> >
> Thanks I searched for and got the winsock fix. It worked I am updating
> win XP Home now as I write.I couldn't remmeber what it was called.I used
> winsock once before a long time ago.

You could have done the same with this command:

netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt

and you would not have had to download a unknown file from an Unknown
site where you don't know if the file was going to re-compromise your
system.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

You must feel terrible that you weren't able to stop him don't you.

> In article <uwbjcOasFHA.304@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl>, JoeK@alt.microsoft
> says...
>> pcbutts1 wrote:
>> > Try using Winsock fix.
>> > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/WinsockxpFix.zip
>> >
>> Thanks I searched for and got the winsock fix. It worked I am updating
>> win XP Home now as I write.I couldn't remmeber what it was called.I used
>> winsock once before a long time ago.
>
> You could have done the same with this command:
>
> netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
>
> and you would not have had to download a unknown file from an Unknown
> site where you don't know if the file was going to re-compromise your
> system.
>
> --
>
> spam999free@rrohio.com
> remove 999 in order to email me

Glad it worked.

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Glad it worked.

Hey,did you get your gladness from a trusted site,Ha! Ha! Have a good day.

In article <MnNSe.214$7D1.155@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> You must feel terrible that you weren't able to stop him don't you.

Nope, I just provide a warning about downloading from unknown/untrusted
sites that have no formal page with proper linking information about the
vendor.

I also think it's really trollish and spammer of you to direct people to
your site so that you can increase your hit-count and gain more money
from your sponsors - wonder if they know you are not providing them with
valid hits information.

Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
place to download their application.

Also, do not post your log files here - there are HiJack groups for just
that purpose, not to mention all the web based forums setup for looking
at them.

Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

AdAwareSE can be found here:

SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

Ewido Security Suite Trial can be found here:
http://www.ewido.net/en/download/

You can also download Symantec Trial version of their Antivirus software
from here:
http://www.symantec.com/downloads/

Download AVG Personal Free edition from here:
http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/2/

These are the actual vendors sites, not some unknown or authorized no-
name site. They also don't artificially increase the hits for sites that
get paid for the amount of traffic they can generate like one poster has
admitted to in this group.

If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:

Only download files from Trusted Sites.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Yep and I understood your original answer. The Leythos troll did not so I
played along with him.

In article <0IOSe.250$zq6.213@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Yep and I understood your original answer. The Leythos troll did not so I
> played along with him.

You couldn't play with me on a bad day and you can't troll anyone - you
have to have intelligence to be a troll (even if they don't see to have
any most times).

You're just some kid with mommy's computer, making money by directing
people to your site and filching software off vendors in an unethical
manner.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Stalker!!!!!

In article <b%ZSe.340$zq6.60@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Stalker!!!!!

Moron, this is a public forum, where you post and people make replies -
if you stop trying to get people to download unknown files from your
personal site, against the vendors hosting rules, no one would complain
about it.

My actions are only to warn unsuspecting people that the links you post
COULD contain malicious software (as others have also pointed out) and
that your link do not guarantee that the files are what you claim -
since you don't properly post vendor approved links.

If you think I'm stalking you, leave these groups and see if I follow.

Read and follow these links as needed to fix your system:

[...]

When running these application, install them, update them, then reboot
in SAFE MODE and run them again to get even more things.

If you take nothing else from this post, remember the following:

Only download files from Trusted Sites.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Leythos the Stalker.

In article <b6%Se.459$JN5.426@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...
> Leythos the Stalker.

1. To pursue by tracking stealthily.
2. To follow or observe (a person) persistently, especially out of
obsession or derangement.
3. To go through (an area) in pursuit of prey or quarry.

I'm not doing any of the above - try again.

If you leave the area were you entered into the same space that I was
already in, and I don't follow you, then I can't be stalking you.

If you come into an area where I was before you, and you don't like what
I have to say, it's not stalking - this is a PUBLIC forum and free
speech is permitted.

If you act in an unethical manner and are called out for you, you can
either stop the unethical behavior our you can be called out for it each
time YOU do it again.

So, if you want to prove that I'm stalking you, all you have to do is
leave the groups that I frequent and see if I follow - that would be
stalking. Just so you know, you're not worth stalking - now go cry to
mommy about not being important to anyone.

--

In article <kv%Se.467$JN5.465@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>, pcbutts1
@seedsv.com says...

> 2.To follow or observe (a person) persistently, especially out of
> obsession or derangement.

I'm not following you based on Obsession or Derangement. I'm not even
following you. You came to this group well after I was already here. You
continue to post suspicious links to files that are not hosted according
to the vendors documented methods...

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me