[SOLVED] How Do I Choose Motherboard And Cpu

May 18, 2020
I am going to be building my first pc and for gaming but struggling to pick out the best motherboard and cpu that are cheap enough and compatible. i have 130 pounds for the cpu and motherboard combined and only need 2 slots for ram, any suggestions?

Solution
This was what i was going to get in the first place but pc part picker said there were incompatibilitys. Does tgis not apply to this motherboard or is this a bug in the site

Its because it is a B450 motherboard which came out before Ryzen 3000. Its still possible to get an outdated BIOS but rare given how long the Ryzen 3000 has been out.

You might want to wait though, the B550 motherboards will be coming out mid June. The big selling point for those are that they will support Ryzen 4000 which the B450 and earlier motherboards wont.
PCPartPicker Part List: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZVKjtg

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G 3.6 GHz Quad-Core Processor (£77.00 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard (£54.99 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £131.99
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-05-18 20:55 BST+0100

You could also look for a used CPU. You can find Ryzen 2000 series such as the 2600 and 2700 quite cheap (At least here in the US)

May 18, 2020
This was what i was going to get in the first place but pc part picker said there were incompatibilitys. Does tgis not apply to this motherboard or is this a bug in the site

Its because it is a B450 motherboard which came out before Ryzen 3000. Its still possible to get an outdated BIOS but rare given how long the Ryzen 3000 has been out.

You might want to wait though, the B550 motherboards will be coming out mid June. The big selling point for those are that they will support Ryzen 4000 which the B450 and earlier motherboards wont.

Solution