Question How do I clone from a HDD with 512 byte sectors to a new SSD with 4K byte sectors?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 6, 2021
I've been using a 1TB HDD as my sole drive for a good amount of time before recently getting an internal 1TB SATA SSD. I want to transfer everything from my HDD (OS, pictures, movies, games, etc.) to the new SSD so I can use it as both a boot drive and primary data drive. I tried using Macrium Reflect, but I keep getting errors because the byte sector size is incompatible. Is there any way I can transfer everything? I don't mind using other software as long as it's free, but I'm not super knowledgeable on all this stuff, so I'm really struggling with how to do this. I've read around a bit and see people talking about both cloning and imaging, but the cloning has seemingly not worked and I'm unsure of how to go about it with imaging. Any help is greatly appreciated. Sorry in advance for my technological illiteracy.