Question How do I clone two drives to a new, single drive ?

_kendos

Honorable
Nov 14, 2017
Ok so I'm about to build a new PC and I'll only be using a single 2TB Samsung 980 Pro SSD in it. On my current PC I have a 250GB Samsung 960 EVO as my boot drive and a 1TB WD Blue HDD as my secondary drive. So I was just wondering if it is possible to transfer all the data from both my current drives to the 2TB 980 Pro without losing any data and if so how?

_kendos

Honorable
Nov 14, 2017
We need a detailed list of what is on each drive.
Especially the secondary WD Blue.

Cloning from the 960 EVO is easy.
The WD Blue drive has about 311gb worth of games, photos, documents, and different apps while the 960 EVO has about 176gb of windows, program files, a few apps and a few games that I prefer to load faster

But yeah I am thinking about just setting it up as a new PC and just re download everything I need, that way I won't have anything I don't use taking up space

Ok so I'm about to build a new PC and I'll be only using a 2TB Samsung 980 Pro in my system. On my current PC I have a 250GB Samsung 960 EVO as my boot drive and a 1TB WD Blue HDD as my secondary drive. So I was just wondering if it is possible to transfer all the data from both my current drives to the 2TB 980 Pro without losing any data and if so how?
You could clone just BOOT drive and just copy second as a partition on new drive. That doesn't need cloning, it would be same thing. That partition would have same letter as disk you copied from so programs would know where they are. Even when a program/game is installed in other drive (partition) some parts and registry entries are made in the system drive and OS and will not work without them.
Cost you nothing to try but considering all new PC it may not BOOT or work properly. ind you would have to clean install windows anyway.. W10 and 11 are pretty flexible and it's possible for it to work.
Problems could arise with BIOS configuration and settings, like for instance old one installed with CSM and new in UEFI mode, TPM, Secure boot, MBR/GPT mode disks

Last edited: