Question How do i completely wipe my hard drive from windows 10 and all data on it.

ChunkyCheese

Prominent
Feb 20, 2019
I am going to upgrade from AMD to Intel and i understand that i will have to re install my OS but i do not know how to Completely wipe my hard drive, completely getting rid of all applications and OS (win10). Some help would be greatly appreciated!

USAFRet

Titan
I am going to upgrade from AMD to Intel and i understand that i will have to re install my OS but i do not know how to Completely wipe my hard drive, completely getting rid of all applications and OS (win10). Some help would be greatly appreciated!

During the new install in the new hardware, you'll be presented with the option to delete all existing partitions and start with a blank drive.
Section II, Step 6 & 7 talks about this.

ChunkyCheese

Prominent
Feb 20, 2019
I understand what this is saying but before this should I uninstall and old amd drivers or application such as ryzen master? And when my pc boots with the new hardware windows will just give me an option to start with a clean install?

USAFRet

Titan
I understand what this is saying but before this should I uninstall and old amd drivers or application such as ryzen master? And when my pc boots with the new hardware windows will just give me an option to start with a clean install?

You boot up from your Windows 10 USB or DVD.
That will give you the option of a clean install.

Also,,,
For the OS activation, read and do this before you change any parts:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/windows-10-reactivating-after-hardware-change

ChunkyCheese

Prominent
Feb 20, 2019
Well just wanted to let you know but today I upgraded to the 8700k booted into windows perfectly and everything worked fine didn’t have to reconfigure windows!!! All I had to do was re install the eithernet controller and I was good 0 problems now running at 4.7 ghz, don’t know if I just got lucky or what anyway just wanted to let you know!