iShade

Commendable
Aug 27, 2019
Hi guys! I need help configuring my second router IPV6 connection. What happens is that in the main router, the ISP router, the IPV6 connection works and apparently keeps changing its address over time and I don't know how to make my second router keep updated with the new addresses. I managed to make it work once, but when the address changed, It stopped working, so I deleted everything.

Here are some images with info.

Solution
Hi guys! I need help configuring my second router IPV6 connection. What happens is that in the main router, the ISP router, the IPV6 connection works and apparently keeps changing its address over time and I don't know how to make my second router keep updated with the new addresses. I managed to make it work once, but when the address changed, It stopped working, so I deleted everything.

None of the pictures show how anything is connected or what you are trying to accomplish with IPv6. Personally, I would avoid IPv6 if you can.

kanewolf

Titan

None of the pictures show how anything is connected or what you are trying to accomplish with IPv6. Personally, I would avoid IPv6 if you can.

Solution

Ralston18

Titan
Do you really have three routers namely: ISP router, main router, second router?

ISP device could be a modem or a modem/router.

There should only be one router enabled to provide network DHCP IP addresses to network devices. Or configured to provide/accept static IP addresses if applicable and required.

What make and model router(s)?

Use a line diagram to explain how the routers and network devices are connected.

For example:

ISP === coax, fiber, DSL ===> ISP modem or modem/router" ----Ethernet cable ---->[WAN Port]Main Router [LAN ports] ---- Ethernet cables ---> to other network devices such as the second router, computers, printers, NAS boxes.

Or ~~~~> to show wireless connections.

The ISP modem/router and the second router should have their respective DHCP functions disabled and thus most likely being used as a switch or access point.

= = = =

Note: As an option you can draw a simple network diagram, scan or photograph the diagram, and post the diagram here using imgur (www.imgur.com).