[SOLVED] How do I connect 2 monitors to this PC?

Luigip2

Prominent
Oct 7, 2019
Specs:
CPU: Pentium g2020
Mobo: Gigabyte H61M-S1
RAM: 6gb DDR3
GPU: Gt 1030
HDD: WD 1tb
PSU: Intex Techno 450 20+4pin

1. I have 2 AOC 15inch monitors right now. [Image link: View: https://imgur.com/qujE8zo
    ]
  2. The monitor has type B square and a VGA port.
3)Type B is plugged into monitor and gives out 2 usb plugs (as shown in image) next , a VGA cable is also plugged and gives out another VGA end.
4) The two usb plugs are inserted to the PC back (basically motherboard )[PC has 4 usb ports, 2 for monitor and 2 for mouse+keyboard] and VGA cable is plugged to a hdmi to vga convertor as GPU (gt 1030) has a hdmi and dvi port options.

Questions:
Soo....is it possible to connect second monitor? If yes, What connectors are needed?
Will the GPU be under lot of stress?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Its the gigabyte GT 1030 GDDR5 version and the model of monitor is AOC E1670SWU 15.6-inch LED

From what I've been able to find out, your graphics card only has 1xDVI-D and 1xHDMI output. Your displays only have 1xVGA input. You would need two active converters (1 HDMI to VGA Active converter and 1 DVI-D to VGA Active converter) and connect one to each of your displays. The biggest issue you have here is going from the digital outputs of the graphic cards to the analog inputs of the displays. That isn't a simple conversion and requires active adapters.

What about the 2 usb's coming out from monitor where do I connect them? Ports are already full

The USB port is only for power. (charging devices via USB).

-Wolf sends

Ref: Gigabyte GT 1030 GDDR5
AOC E1670SWU Document

Luigip2

Prominent
Oct 7, 2019
From what I've been able to find out, your graphics card only has 1xDVI-D and 1xHDMI output. Your displays only have 1xVGA input. You would need two active converters (1 HDMI to VGA Active converter and 1 DVI-D to VGA Active converter) and connect one to each of your displays. The biggest issue you have here is going from the digital outputs of the graphic cards to the analog inputs of the displays. That isn't a simple conversion and requires active adapters.

The USB port is only for power. (charging devices via USB).

-Wolf sends

Ref: Gigabyte GT 1030 GDDR5
AOC E1670SWU Document
Thats what I'm asking....could a USB hub do the work of giving power to the monitors? as I already said there are 4 USB ports which are already occupied by monitor and mouse+keyboard [2 for monitor and 2 for Mouse and kyboard]
As for HDMI to VGA convertor I have one which is connected to the first monitor and GPU , secondly I will be needing a DVI to VGA convertor right?
And would a HDMI (male) to Dual VGA (females) work?

Wolfshadw

Titan
I will be needing a DVI to VGA convertor right?

Correct.

And would a HDMI (male) to Dual VGA (females) work?

If you wanted the same image on both displays, that could work, but you could not get separate images on each display with that.

could a USB hub do the work of giving power to the monitors?

No. A monitor requires it's own power outlet to be able to turn on. You cannot use a USB hub to provide power to a monitor.

-Wolf sends

Reactions: Luigip2

Luigip2

Prominent
Oct 7, 2019
Power comes from a wall outlet. Signal comes from your computer via a DVI-D to VGA converter.

-Wolf sends
Power from wall outlet is 3 pin plug but this monitor doesnt have any. Just the vga and 2 usb's for power(checkthe image). I'm asking where do I plug them if can't insert them on usb hub?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Ok. My Apologies. I understand now. Never came across a display like this before. I don't know that a USB hub is going to provide any power. Do you have any available expansion slots in your PC? What about internal USB ports on the motherboard, are there any left available?

-Wolf sends

Luigip2

Prominent
Oct 7, 2019
Ok. My Apologies. I understand now. Never came across a display like this before. I don't know that a USB hub is going to provide any power. Do you have any available expansion slots in your PC? What about internal USB ports on the motherboard, are there any left available?

-Wolf sends
Already said...motherboard has 4 usb ports 2 were used for 1st monitor 2 for mouse&keyboard. No usb port left for 2nd monitor

Wolfshadw

Titan
Not what I asked.

I asked if you had an available PCI-Ex1 expansion slot for possibly an internal card. The other question was about INTERNAL USB ports on your motherboard. See the yellow boxes on the image below.

BiPHWr9.jpg

-Wolf sends

Wolfshadw

Titan
You're very welcome.

You said that your PC has four USB ports in the rear (Motherboard). From your image, I noticed that you do have one Front USB port in use. So is it safe to say that your case has two USB ports as well?
Have you tried connecting your Keyboard/Mouse to these USB ports?

-Wolf sends