How do I connect Dayton Sub-1200 to Audioengine A2+?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2018
Hey there,

I recently bought the Audioengine A2+ for my PC, and a Dayton Sub-1200 to help the bass performance, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to connect the subwoofer.

I've never done anything with speakers before, so a lot of the language and terminology is foreign to me. I'm unsure what cables I need and where to connect them.

Do I connect the Dayton to the A2+ by using an RCA to RCA, do I connect the subwoofer to my PC by using an RCA to 3.5mm, both? Neither? I have no idea.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jul 1, 2018

I'm a bit confused. The Dayton Sub-1200 is a powered subwoofer, right? Wouldn't that mean it supports powered speakers? How can I tell if a subwoofer supports powered or non-powered speakers?

No, a powered sub just means that it has the amp built into the sub and is not using an external amp, it does not mean it is for powered speakers. The manual is here, it explains about the connections http://www.daytonaudio.com/media/resources/300-629-dayton-audio-sub-1200-user-manual(2).pdf That sub is meant to be used as part of a sound system not for computer use with a set of powered speakers like you got.

If your sound card has a sub out jack you may be able to use that with the sub and use the L/R outputs with the speakers. There are a lot of posts with the same question if you do a web search on how to connect a powered sub to a sound card.

Status
Not open for further replies.