how do i connect my Pc with two separate internet networks?

maenabughazaleh

Commendable
May 27, 2018
hello,
i am using a standard ADSL connection on my PC 16Mbps speed, high download low upload.
and i use on my mobile phone a 3G connection, decent download and good upload.
i connected my phone to my PC using USB tethering and it went really smooth and fast.
can i connect my PC to these two connection simultaneously?
i tried network bridge but ive noticed that it's depending on one network over the other and the speed is not increased.
is there a way (free or paid) to use these two connections together to increase the over all speed (download and upload) of the internet?

Solution
Its a line mode command you will have to look the help file up.

It is not the route command that is all that hard it is that you must understand how to get all the ip addresses for sites. The problem is that the ip addresses can change and can be different for different users. This site for example host things in akamai network
Load balancing is what you are looking for to utilize both. It's not a common feature on consumer routers. When you open a connection the router would put it on either. The connection wouldn't use both, but your pc opens many connections so it would allow one pc to use both WANS.

A bridge won't help that much on your pc. You can have two ISP gateways on the same subnet. DHCP can only point to one. So any PC that needs to use the other would have to have a manually assigned ip and gateway.

The short answer is it will not do what you want.

You can not combine 2 different internet connections to increase the speed of a single download or sessions. This is one of those fundamental things on how internet work. You are using 2 different IP address which appears as 2 different machines.

You can to a point run some traffic on one connections and other traffic on the other BUT it is not as simple as that in most cases. The example most people on this forum understand is a game company. If you access the login server say using ISP1 but attempt to use the game server using ISP2 the game company will think you are hacking because the IP addresses are different. It is a massive effort trying to figure this all out. It is not just game companies that use multiple servers to make up a web site.

In any case the magic command you want is ROUTE. If you can come up with a very simple list of sites it might be possible to partially use both connections.

maenabughazaleh

Commendable
May 27, 2018

ok great i got it (Y)
tell me more about ROUTE and how to use it please.
thanks

Its a line mode command you will have to look the help file up.

It is not the route command that is all that hard it is that you must understand how to get all the ip addresses for sites. The problem is that the ip addresses can change and can be different for different users. This site for example host things in akamai network

Solution

TRENDING THREADS