Question How do I connect my...

nissan200sxftw

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
I need help connecting my Yamaha RX-377 receiver to my LG 50pj350 TV and PS3, I've had this setup once before though I cannot remember how I had set it up.

I've looked at different diagrams on how to set it up though no sound is coming out from the receiver.

What I've done, Connected HDMI from my PS3 to the TV (Slot 3) Optical cable from the TV to the receiver and speakers plugged into the back of the receiver, played around with the channels from on the receiver but no sound was coming out from the speakers, only from the TV. I've also changed the output audio from on the PS3 but still nothing. What needs changing?
Thanks

if you wanna use this connection setup:
change the sound output in the TV´s menu

I recommend to plug in the PS3 into the receiver and the receiver with the TV
if you use the TV for other purposes as well, connect the optical cable too, to get audio from the TV itself

for more informations about this , read the manual of the receiver

nissan200sxftw

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
This tells me you have failed to TELL TV, output audio through EXTERNAL (don't be so literal every TV use a different verbiage) Speakers. In addition, next to this setting there maybe a PCM/Surround setting, try both.

Within the TVs audio option there's only PCM and AUTO, I've managed to get two speakers working (Left and Right) though I cannont get the surround sound working, and there's also a delay issue.