[SOLVED] How do i connect this ARGB hub to the motherboard

shrey1934

Honorable
Nov 14, 2017
I have a MSI MAG FORGE 100R with an A-RGB hub which are connected to the two ARGB fans pre-installed, however the colour can only be changed through a button on top of the case
Is there any way that i can connect the whole hub to a ARGB header on my motherboard so i can control the whole hub and everything connected to it through software.
It is a 6-1 ARGB controller as seen in the image.
https://storage-asset.msi.com/global/picture/image/feature/PC-Components/MAG-FORGE100R/boxA.jpg

Solution
I agree with popatim. If you have any questions about how to connect the front case fans' ARGB lighting cables to a mobo ARGB header, post here the maker and exact model number of your mobo. If you have only one ARGB header to use, you will need a THREE-pin ARGB Splitter to connect both fans' cables to a single header. Then, of course, you will need to be running the ARGB lighting utility supplied by the mobo maker.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I agree with popatim. If you have any questions about how to connect the front case fans' ARGB lighting cables to a mobo ARGB header, post here the maker and exact model number of your mobo. If you have only one ARGB header to use, you will need a THREE-pin ARGB Splitter to connect both fans' cables to a single header. Then, of course, you will need to be running the ARGB lighting utility supplied by the mobo maker.

Solution

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
Where it says "SW" on the board, that is connected to the PC case cable or an external cable, while the other end where the cable is connected to, that connects to the USB2.0 header on the motherboard or rgb controller where it gets the power from a SATA power connector

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I am sure that the "SW" pin pair on that lighting hub connects ONLY to the LED button built into your case top. That button is how you can change the lights manually. There is NO way to connect that lighting hub board to a USB connector for some external control.

shrey1934

Honorable
Nov 14, 2017
Thanks,
If i want to connect all fans through ASrocks software then i will need an ARGB splitter as the b450 steel legend only has one argb header.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Right. An example:

https://www.amazon.com/MICRO-CONNEC...&keywords=ARGB+Splitter&qid=1614975782&sr=8-3

That is overkill, but the price is OK. It's a two-pack of ARGB Splitters with four outputs each. Note that all of the Splitter's connectors are female. But this comes with eight gender-changer adapters, so you convert four output arms of each from female to male, and then you can use. Do not buy a Splitter without those ways to ensure male outputs.