[SOLVED] How do I connect two GPUs to my system

Mr_patt

Prominent
Nov 24, 2020
I have recently gotten a new GeForce 3080 and I had to buy a new screen as my old one did not have a displayport 2.0. now I would like to have a dual monitor settup and need to reinstall my old GPU which is a GeForce 970.
My motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F GAMING
Prosessor
Intel Core i7-10700K
16gb ram

Here are the questions.
  1. Will these work? With the two motherboards being so far apart in age/generations
  2. I have multiple slots on my motherboard for GPUs but I don't have another 16pin power attachment thing not sure what they are called, is there a way around this?
  3. Will this cause any trouble with updating drivers etc.

Thank you

Solution
Just connect the second display to your RTX 3080. Don't bother reinstalling the GTX 970.

-Wolf sends

Edit:
For the record, if you had a power supply that could support both graphic cards, the Nvidia Driver 511.23 WHQL released on Jan 14, 2022 does support both cards, so there would not be a driver issue.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Just connect the second display to your RTX 3080. Don't bother reinstalling the GTX 970.

-Wolf sends

Edit:
For the record, if you had a power supply that could support both graphic cards, the Nvidia Driver 511.23 WHQL released on Jan 14, 2022 does support both cards, so there would not be a driver issue.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS