Question How do I control a projector via rs 232 or lan

Apr 24, 2019
Hello, I volunteer for a local film festival, we have a dhd775e christie projector and and oppo bdp103 bluray player. I'd like to automate these using the rs232 ports on them, but I don't even know where to start and what I need, we currently using a laptop for switching via the web browser, the program I use has tcp and rs232 support in it. I not familer with this protocal at all, but would like to learn.

https://www.christiedigital.com/en-...jectors/1-chip-dlp/e-series/Christie-DHD775-E

Apr 24, 2019
Christie publishes a manual on the protocol. BUT, they also provide a software download to control their projectors. For multi-manufacturer software you might look at this article.

Great information thank you, I have looked at those, but they don't seem to solve my "I want tohave my media program control the projector issues" I read manuals, but I somewhat don't get how to use the macro or command line functions. We use Screen Money for our pc media, and it has the option of controlling other devices, I just not sure how to funny implent that, I really don't want to spend the full 300 cad to unlock device control in screen monkey or so, if I don't understand on how to make it work.