Question How do I control the built-in fan on the back of my Acer Predator X27 monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeriousGaming101

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2016
I own a $2000 4k 144hz Acer Predator X27 monitor and the built-in fan on the back of the monitor sometimes gets loud (even when I shut down the computer). How do I control the fan speed (max speed) on the back of the monitor? Or even turn it off?

Derangerous

Reputable
Aug 19, 2016
I own a $2000 4k 144hz Acer Predator X27 monitor and the built-in fan on the back of the monitor sometimes gets loud (even when I shut down the computer). How do I control the fan speed (max speed) on the back of the monitor? Or even turn it off?

Sadly... it needs the fan and cant be turned down or you might burn out the chipset inside. Instead of putting a rather good fan inside to cool it, they put a cheap small fan which creates obviously a good amount of noise. This is also an issue with the Asus PG27UQ ... tiny fan to cool its G-sync chipset.

SeriousGaming101

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2016
Sadly... it needs the fan and cant be turned down or you might burn out the chipset inside. Instead of putting a rather good fan inside to cool it, they put a cheap small fan which creates obviously a good amount of noise. This is also an issue with the Asus PG27UQ ... tiny fan to cool its G-sync chipset.
Can you manually replace the fan with a good 120mm or 140mm PC case fan?

Derangerous

Reputable
Aug 19, 2016
Can you manually replace the fan with a good 120mm or 140mm PC case fan?

I dont know if there is really any space to fit a bigger fan. I mean it would require some pretty unique modding in order for it to work correctly and efficiently. And odds are for me being at that price I wouldnt risk it myself. Though if you are good at it then by all means. Haha

Status
Not open for further replies.