How do i convert a MIDI file to something my raspberry pi can use?

Solution
You would have to either A, open up a MIDI file with a MIDI program and then transcribe the notes.

Shows in the code example you gave.

{ Bf, 1, 2 },

So that would be a low B flat at the first octave for a half step.

{ Gn, 1, 8 },

G natural at the first ocatve for a 1/8th note.

Etc.

Or learn to make a MIDI translator yourself in code, and read the MIDI information, and store it into an array yourself.

MIDI files can contain A LOT of information though,.
You would have to either A, open up a MIDI file with a MIDI program and then transcribe the notes.

Shows in the code example you gave.

{ Bf, 1, 2 },

So that would be a low B flat at the first octave for a half step.

{ Gn, 1, 8 },

G natural at the first ocatve for a 1/8th note.

Etc.

Or learn to make a MIDI translator yourself in code, and read the MIDI information, and store it into an array yourself.

MIDI files can contain A LOT of information though,.

Solution

michael diemer

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2013
I don't know anything about Raspberry, except the kind you eat. but midi files can be imported to many apps. What saving options do you have? If you can save as XML, for example, that might work. I am able to save my projects in the Sonar DAW as a midi 1 file, and then import them to Reaper DAW. Also, I can import them as either midi 1 files or XML files to Notion, a notation program. So I would look at what your saving options are, and import/export options.

DAW=digital audio workstation.

Pablo161Arnold

Reputable
Aug 1, 2016
Thanks for your suggestion but from the little experience I've gained from this is that it needs to be saved and compressed in a .cpp file. I have had some success manually reading the information about each note and plugging it in. But thanks anyway!