[SOLVED] How do I correct memory speed when XMP isn't correcting it for me on x470 Gigabyte board?

mhass00

Prominent
Nov 4, 2019
Hi all, new member here!
I have an issue with my RAM speed despite XMP being enabled.
I have 2 x 8gb 3200mhz g.skill tridentz rgb series ram installed on an Aorus x470 Ultra Gaming motherboard.
I have a Ryzen 2700x CPU and have updated both the mobo bios to the latest (f42g) and chipset drivers to the latest on Windows 10.
However on windows task manager it only shows speed as 2133mhz.
On CPU-z it is even worse and shows as 1066mghz!
On the bios settings I have activated “profile1” xmp and the same issue persists.
On the “system memory multiplier” row it shows one column as “auto” and the other column as “32.00”
I cannot click on the “32.00” to amend it.
And the “memory frequency “ row shows one column “3200mhz” and the next column the incorrect “2133mhz”.
I cannot click on the “2133mhz” to amend it either.
The ram is in position 0+2. I tried using position 1+3 and swapping the ram around but no help. The issue remains and the ram continues to run at 2133 MHz despite “XMP” activated. (I am counting position 0 to be the one closest to the cpu and 3 to be the furthest, so 0,1,2,3 in that order).
I tried to deactivate XMP and switch the computer off and on and then reactivate and switch the computer off and on etc but still no help.
I have attached screenshots to what I am referring to on google images:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/i52w665fDrGmuprv7

Screenshots of BIOS and CPU ID

I hope someone can help!
Thanks