[SOLVED] How do I deactivate onedrive permanently because I hold information that can not be shared

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2021
I select unpair this computer then go back in and close onedrive every day. I also deleted all the info that they stored online, then had to go to the trouble of formatting, and everytime the computer wakes up microsoft is hacking me again with onedrive. I need this gone for various logical reasons, please help, but remember I have already completed all the fake microsoft instructions

Solution
I select unpair this computer then go back in and close onedrive every day. I also deleted all the info that they stored online, then had to go to the trouble of formatting, and everytime the computer wakes up microsoft is hacking me again with onedrive. I need this gone for various logical reasons, please help, but remember I have already completed all the fake microsoft instructions
  1. Don't use a Microsoft account to log into the PC with. Use a local user account.
  2. Uninstall OneDrive.

None of my Win 10 systems have ever uploaded to or synced with OneDrive.

USAFRet

Titan
  1. Don't use a Microsoft account to log into the PC with. Use a local user account.
  2. Uninstall OneDrive.

Solution
Feb 28, 2021
  2. Uninstall OneDrive.
Sounds logical but then how do I change the microsoft account login that I already used. I can not believe that the government allows this level of active totally in front of the public hacking to happen, but since the NSA has all the info they benefit I guess so that question is answered

USAFRet

Titan
Sounds logical but then how do I change the microsoft account login that I already used. I can not believe that the government allows this level of active totally in front of the public hacking to happen, but since the NSA has all the info they benefit I guess so that question is answered
You don't have to "change" it.

Just create a local account or two.
1x Standard user and 1x admin user.

Use those for day to day operations.
Your MS account will still be there, just not used or logged into unless you really need to.

My systems have 3 accounts.
1 Standard user, Local
1 Admin user, Local
1 MS account. Used only if I need to interact with MS...for instance any license issues or if I need to install something from the MS Store.

Other than that, my Local Standard user is the prime persona on this PC. It knows NOTHING about any OneDrive account credentials.

Feb 28, 2021
You don't have to "change" it.

Just create a local account or two.
1x Standard user and 1x admin user.

Use those for day to day operations.
Your MS account will still be there, just not used or logged into unless you really need to.

My systems have 3 accounts.
1 Standard user, Local
1 Admin user, Local
1 MS account. Used only if I need to interact with MS...for instance any license issues or if I need to install something from the MS Store.

Other than that, my Local Standard user is the prime persona on this PC. It knows NOTHING about any OneDrive account credentials.
Not true because microsoft will always have access to the administrative user already set up. Plus when logged on as a local user you lose privilege's that you already have. So part of the issue is the outlook account that I am logged in under. I just deleted again everything that I deleted yesterday. Also the administrative user, you and MS/NSA have access to all local users, that is why companies have administrators that can check the employees.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
One drive comes as a feature with Windows 10 install. It isn't a virus that you are being hacked with.

Any time I do a new install the FIRST thing I do is go to Control Panel/Programs/Uninstall, and remove One Drive.
Even when you uninstall it, a symbol will show up for it in the "file list" to the left side of File Explorer. Just don't click it.

If you have a Surface Tablet you may not be able to be rid of it due to storage size and feature set of those machines.

USAFRet

Titan
If you are so inclined...

You create a new Local Admin account.
Remove the previous admin account completely.

Or, start with a full wipe and reinstall. OS and everything else.
Do this with the system offline completely.
Set up only local accounts. Yes, you can do this.
Then, uninstall OneDrive.

What happens in a corporate environment is different.

Or, use Linux.

Feb 28, 2021
One drive comes as a feature with Windows 10 install. It isn't a virus that you are being hacked with.

Any time I do a new install the FIRST thing I do is go to Control Panel/Programs/Uninstall, and remove One Drive.
Even when you uninstall it, a symbol will show up for it in the "file list" to the left side of File Explorer. Just don't click it.

If you have a Surface Tablet you may not be able to be rid of it due to storage size and feature set of those machines.
Actually you are wrong because I have sensitive information that was removed from my computer to a non authorized server or servers backed up in various foreign locals. This makes onedrive a hacking tool because I can not turn it off effectively without it reactivating itself and re-stealing the information. To make this worse they keep recreating the deleted info from the clous where they hacked it too because idiots think this is a good thing. No piece of sensitive info is safer when stored on 10 different servers in different countries with various degrees of privacy laws, the information is at greater risk of loss. This is a physical as in physics fact that is not in question

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Actually you are wrong because I have sensitive information that was removed from my computer to a non authorized server or servers backed up in various foreign locals. This makes onedrive a hacking tool because I can not turn it off effectively without it reactivating itself and re-stealing the information. To make this worse they keep recreating the deleted info from the clous where they hacked it too because idiots think this is a good thing. No piece of sensitive info is safer when stored on 10 different servers in different countries with various degrees of privacy laws, the information is at greater risk of loss. This is a physical as in physics fact that is not in question

Ok.

Good luck.

Feb 28, 2021
If you are so inclined...

You create a new Local Admin account.
Remove the previous admin account completely.

Or, start with a full wipe and reinstall. OS and everything else.
Do this with the system offline completely.
Set up only local accounts. Yes, you can do this.
Then, uninstall OneDrive.

What happens in a corporate environment is different.

Or, use Linux.
Linux is a joke, I installed ubuntu and could not get my hp printer to work because they never created a driver because hp sells windows. Then to get your windows programs to work you need to install a windows emulator shell that slows everything down even though they have the nerve to tell fools that it is faster. Besides all the code for linux is public so the NSA can hack every system, at least MS has to provide the NSA with their code.

I've been around. Really

Feb 28, 2021
If you have data that is so sensitive as to be of interest to a foreign entity...why is this stored on an internet connected Windows PC, operating under a Admin user tied to a MS account?
No it is not that I have data of interest to foreign powers. It is that the data that I have is backed up on a microsoft server, and that for security reasons microsoft backs up their data of which a portion is mine to backup servers around the world. Since I know this I am required to act and either eliminate the situation or report the situation to those in the know who are already reading this. LOL you think that using a local account restricts the administrator account to the local account? Really, that's backwards <<Removed by Moderator>>

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 28, 2021
Seems your paranoia is preventing you from resolving an easy "problem". For example:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...onedrive-f32a17ce-3336-40fe-9c38-6efb09f944b0
Nope already been there and done that 20 times in the last 3 days. I have deleted all online files then unpaired my computer from onedrive then closed one drive it just keeps reopening kile the in front hack that it is, perhaps not for you but you are not me and never will be. I also can no longer access microsoft support because I exposed their fake path to where edge favorites are stored on windows computers because there is no AppData folder as specified in their instructions, Then they say that the folder is hidden, when in reality it does not matter even if you find the folder because the favorites are actually also on a microsoft/nas server system that you have zero access to delete things on. Now I do not know what you are worth but my financial info is private and should not be hacked off my machine without my consent by microsoft. Furthermore if you do not know that North Korea Russia and China are hacking people you are just not paying attention. Sheesh I get calls from India everyday trying to get my credit card number

USAFRet

Titan
Sheesh I get calls from India everyday trying to get my credit card number
You do know that those are just strolling through every possible phone number. Not "you", but 555-1234, 555-1235, 555-1236 and so on.
Waiting for someone to answer.

We all get those.

Also, you do realize that your router, indeed every public facing device on the interwebs...is being hit every single day with access attempts?
Every single one. All day.

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
Linux is a joke, I installed ubuntu and could not get my hp printer to work because they never created a driver because hp sells windows. Then to get your windows programs to work you need to install a windows emulator shell that slows everything down even though they have the nerve to tell fools that it is faster. Besides all the code for linux is public so the NSA can hack every system, at least MS has to provide the NSA with their code.

I've been around. Really
The whole point of Linux is... not using Windows software but native open-source software

And what does the NSA have to do with any of this? I mean come on, if the NSA is wasting taxpayers money to 'hack' someone on the internet to steal his top secret dank memes folder they're going to do it regardless of the OS used, once you're jacked in you gotta assume everything on your computer is public
And that's why cold offline storage exists.

So if you're working on your own gel banana making machine you certainly want to keep all of your project documents offline and not in a computer running windows 10.

Reactions: Grobe
Feb 28, 2021
You do know that those are just strolling through every possible phone number. Not "you", but 555-1234, 555-1235, 555-1236 and so on.
Waiting for someone to answer.

We all get those.

Also, you do realize that your router, indeed every public facing device on the interwebs...is being hit every single day with access attempts?
Every single one. All day.
I always answer, I like playing cowboys and Indians. Onedrive is a hacking tool that is only possible because microsoft is now an arm of the nsa

DSzymborski

Titan
I always answer, I like playing cowboys and Indians. Onedrive is a hacking tool that is only possible because microsoft is now an arm of the nsa

tJc9SI.gif

Linux is a joke, I installed ubuntu and could not get my hp printer to work because they never created a driver because hp sells windows.
That is your words to own. You haven't even asked about troubleshooting that printer issue, but yet comes to this conclusion very quickly.

Also, it isn't the Linux comunity that is to blame if some drivers are missing, it is HP that is responsible to have drivers for their products available in other OS.

Besides all the code for linux is public so the NSA can hack every system, at least MS has to provide the NSA with their code.
And your reasoning for this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.