Question How do i deactivate Safe Mode in Windows for parental control reasons ?

Apr 22, 2023
I need to block safe mode. A google search had me changing regedit or typing in a cmd. I tried the regedit option but couldn't figure it out since it kept blocking me from changing the regedit value. The cmd option said "invalid command".

Is there a program I can download that will block safe mode from working with the F8 key, or a way to edit the Registry, or a command I can use in cmd ?
I tried regedit thing already and couldn't get the value to change, maybe somebody can help me?

USAFRet

Titan
Stop.

Stop messing around in the Registry if you do not know what you're doing.
You have a huge potential to completely screw up the system, to a point you can't walk back.

Applying steps you find on a random google search is worse than doing nothing.

Now....what are you actually trying to do, and more importantly...why?

It seems that person who you try to prevent avoiding parental control is more computer savvy then you, so it is safe to assume he will be able to circumvent whatever "block" you apply. So I would suggest finding another route. Not to mention blocking safe mode (if it even can be done) can be potentially very dangerous - if Windows gets corrupted and can't enter safe mode you may be left with completely locked system with only option of reinstalling Windows.

Set up an administrative account that you own and use a strong password. Have them use a Standard User account

Almost any time they want to install something? Requires admin account access (I say "almost" because programs that either install locally for the user or have a portable version aren't affected by this)
Any time they want to make changes that affect the system? Requires admin account access

Safe Mode is unaffected by this. All Safe Mode does is load the bare minimum that the OS needs to run.

Reactions: Grobe