How do I delete a homegroup in Windows 10; not sure one was ever created before I upgraded, but now I get an error message tha

moyerstan

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
I have a desktop PC and a laptop both with the free upgrade to Windows 10. I don't believe I ever had a homegroup before they were upgraded. I don't see an option to create a homegroup, but I have one to join. When I try to join, I get a message that another user has created a homegroup and I need to get the password from them. I know that no other user has created a homegroup. I saw a forum that said you could right click on homegroup in File Explorer and get the password. When I do that, the "View the Homegroup Password" is greyed out which leads me to believe there is not a homegroup. I can meander around some in the computer, but I'm not a programmer so keep the answer simple please.

Solution
Do you want the homegroup ,if yes then do the following:
Go to to network settings then to homegroup and click Leave the homegroup and after that try again to join a homegroup.

Goutam_4

Commendable
Jul 25, 2016
Do you want the homegroup ,if yes then do the following:
Go to to network settings then to homegroup and click Leave the homegroup and after that try again to join a homegroup.

Solution