How do I delete windows 8 and install windows 7 on a brand new laptop, I can't stand Windows 8

Yes.. but you need be careful..
I just did it on my nephews new laptop and it was a PITA..
Problem was that the laptop was so new.. getting win 7 drivers for all hardware was a real pain..I ended up having to use other brands (his was an MSI laptop) drivers..
You also need disable boot protection in the UEFI.. and kick it into legacy mode.. so it works like a BIOS..
Then you can install WIn 7..
Don't forget.. unless you use professional win8.. you don't have downgrade rights for Win 7 - so will have to get hold of a Win 7 licence.

Good luck..
Cheers

foreverRich

Honorable
Jan 7, 2014

I don't believe you have to delete Win 8 to install Win 7. If you have a legal OEM version of Win 7 you only have to run the install from the CD ROM on boot up. It will format the drive and install the clean version. You might want to try the free upgrade to Win 8.1 first. I was like you and your son and hated Win 8. After upgrading to Win 8.1 and installing the free Start Menu program, I love it. It works as well or better than Win 7 and you don't have to use the live tiles that comes with Win 8 unless you want to.