[SOLVED] How do I determine power watts needed and what PSU to buy?

Dec 13, 2018
I'm upgrading my mobo and cpu to a Gigabyte H310M S2P and Intel core i3-8100 (for now). How can I determine how much power I need and what PSU to buy? I currently have a Smart Series 600W PSU, and a GTX 1050 ti. I do not know a lot about computer parts, but just enough to build/upgrade one.
In the future, I plan to upgrade both my graphics card and the i3-8100 and use the old parts in a build for one of my buddies.

I've read about ATX mobos and micro-ATX ones too. The one I'm buying is a micro-ATX, here's the link: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07CHN51SS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1_1_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

Tanyac

Reputable
Your 600W power supply is more than adequate for your current build.
What you need to upgrade to, if anything, will depend on what GPU you plan to buy, but more than likely you won't need a big upgrade.
If you were planning a new motherboard as well as a new CPU that too might impact the PSU.
But you need to be more specific about your upgrade plans to be able to get a more accurate estimation of your power requirements.

Dec 13, 2018

I'm generally planning to save up for a GTX 2070 of any sort

Dec 13, 2018

I came back to check on the thread and I realized that I said that I would save for a 2070. I meant to say 1070.

TRENDING THREADS