Question How do I diagnose my computer? Why is it so slow?

Apr 1, 2019
ozAilS4.png

KSLsHGl.png

I know I don't have the best computer, but why is it so slow? It wasn't like this before. Sometimes it goes all the way up to 99% CPU. What steps should I take to diagnose it?

it's a 12 year old quad core CPU, several generations old, running at only 2.4 GHz , with WIndows 10 , using an 8 year old entry level GPU...

Not really sure what performance was expected from it....short of surfing, solitaire, etc...

If you want to game on it, try F.E.A.R, Medal of Honor, and Quake 3....

Apr 1, 2019
it's a 12 year old quad core CPU, several generations old, running at only 2.4 GHz , with WIndows 10 , using an 8 year old entry level GPU...

Not really sure what performance was expected from it....short of surfing, solitaire, etc...

If you want to game on it, try F.E.A.R, Medal of Honor, and Quake 3....
you right

Colif

Win 11 Master
what is it slow at? I know its 12 years old but you could get a little more speed out of it with an ssd, I just wouldn't go mad with it as CPU will be a barrier to fast speed.

More ram wouldn't hurt either. Depends on max motherboard supports.

I wouldn't spend a lot on it as its near its retirement age. You would have a pain reinstalling win 10 on it as Win 10 doesn't support LGA 775 motherboards, nor do Intel - only way would be put win 7 or 8 on it first and then upgrade. Or use a backup which would be faster.

I had an E6600, the dual core version of that CPU and if all you do is browse the internet on it and other simple tasks, its not that bad. I upgraded PC's before Win 10 came out, but I wouldn't have upgraded to it, I skipped Win 8 as I figured it was too old.