How do I disable games?

I am using GPO's to lock down my users 2k machines, but I can't figure out how to remove games so they can play them.

Liek the ones included with Windows? Use file system policies and DENY
execute rights for users. The path to solitare, for example, would be
%windir%\system32\sol.exe. If you're thinking games in general, you'd have
to use software restriction policies and deny everything but programs you
explicitly allow.

Brian Desmond
Windows Server MVP
desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us

Http://www.briandesmond.com

"MontiA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using GPO's to lock down my users 2k machines, but I can't figure out
how to remove games so they can play them.

THe software restriction policies that Brian mentions only work in XP

Here is an article that should help you in W2K

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=323525

I hope this helps

Thanks
Mike

"Brian Desmond [MVP]" <desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us> wrote in message news:<ekyC4V1SEHA.2236@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> Liek the ones included with Windows? Use file system policies and DENY
> execute rights for users. The path to solitare, for example, would be
> %windir%\system32\sol.exe. If you're thinking games in general, you'd have
> to use software restriction policies and deny everything but programs you
> explicitly allow.

> Brian Desmond
> Windows Server MVP
> desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us
>
> Http://www.briandesmond.com
>

> "MontiA" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am using GPO's to lock down my users 2k machines, but I can't figure out
> how to remove games so they can play them.

If you want to completely remove them from the PC, edit
c:\winnt\inf\sysoc.inf and remove the 'hide'. When you next run an add
remove programs they will now appear for removal.

Chris