Question How do I disable power button on Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z170X-Gaming 7 (U3E1) motherboard?

Apr 11, 2019
As stated in the title, I have the Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. Z170X-Gaming 7 (U3E1) motherboard. I read the manual, page 23, it talks about the power button physically on the motherboard, for use in an open case environment. Well, I've had this motherboard for a while, and every time the power goes out, or I have to shut down my computer and open the case, the front power button stops working, and I have to crawl under my desk, open the computer case, and manually push the power button to start it up. This has been the first time I've seen one of these, and it is quite irritating for me, as I have a bad back, and it is hard to do. I am pretty sure at one point, I disabled it in the BIOS, but I don't remember what I did. I just would like to know how do I disable it, so I can simply hit the power button on the front panel of my computer, and have it turn the computer on, rather than having to open it up, and hit the power button physically on the motherboard every time.

Thanks!

I don't think it's possible to "disable" the power button on the motherboard. The function of the motherboard button also shouldn't interfere with the Front I/O power button on your case. Are there times in between where the front button works without problems?

Apr 11, 2019
Actually, it does not seem to work at all when the motherboard power button is active. I remember changing something in the BIOS that allowed the front power button to work instead of the motherboard one, but a while back, I had to reset to default BIOS, and it changed the power button again, and now, I can't remember or find the option I had changed, for the life of me. However, it seems to replace the power button on the front, not work in addition to it. All I want is to find that BIOS option, and change it back, so I can use the power button on the front of my computer again. Any ideas?