Question How do I display my graphic card's internal rendering speed?

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
I wondered how I can display my graphic card's internal rendering speed when I have V Sync off.
My monitor is 60hz refresh rate and there are plenty of programs and in game commands like Battlefield V's own console to show the actual FPS displayed on screen.

I would just like to know what the GFX card is doing internally performance wise as anything above 60 FPS isn't something I can display on screen with programs like MSI Afterburner etc due to the monitor's limit.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Not sure the question is clear enough to answer.

You mention MSI afterburner, what isn't it doing that you want it to do?

Your average FPS isn't going to be all that different, that will be a calculated value, not real time. It would be updated every frame, though. Yes, your monitor can't display that, but it shouldn't matter as you will get an average of an average in that case. Assuming you captured every single frame for some reason.

If you want the raw data you can set afterburner to log to a file.

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
Thanks - you answered my query as I now know that I can set Afterburner to log a file with the raw data.

Sorry if my question wasn't that clear.

An analogy would be driving a car that had a speedometer dial which only displayed a maximum of 60 MPH.
On a motorway/freeway you drive up to the 60 MPH displayed but continue to accelerate.
So you are doing more than 60 MPH but don't know your exact speed above this.

So it's the realtime information that I need to know that cannot actually be displayed due to the limitations of the hardware.

Regards.

Andy