How do I do a clean re-install of windows from USB?

Illuminati_1

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016
I have tried searching up how to reset, but canʻt seem to find a good guide on how to reset/re-install windows 10. Should I boot into safe mode first? My SSD seems to have a lot of problems, considering I did chkdsk and its ETA was 72 hours, or 3 days. I cancelled the chkdsk as it was just a read only so it was not trying to fix it. Should I do the chkdsk /f before doing a clean re-installation? Or can I skip that? I have no reason so suspect that my SSD is failing as Iʻve only had my PC for less than a year. I am not keen on waiting 3 days for the read only chkdsk to finish, but if it will damage the SSD itself I will let it run. I have nothing on the SSD that I couldnʻt re-download, just steam games on there. I already have a license, I just canʻt boot into windows due to an update failure and boot files corrupted. Any help is very much appreciated

Solution
It's always going to create the MBR (Master boot Record) and a System partition on an OS drive regardless if you delete it now. However, the Windows RE tools is the recovery tool if your system craps out.

You're going to see them reappear even if you delete all the partitions anyway

Illuminati_1

Commendable
Dec 27, 2016

So I started the process of installing of windows 10 on a new SSD, a Samsung 850 evo 500gb v-nand if that helps, and I got to the "where do you want to install windows?" part but it seems that the new SSD has 4 partitions already on it. The first is 100 MB system partition. Partition 2 is labeled MSR (Reserved) 16 MB. Partition 3 is the primary, roughly 463.9 GB total and 463.7 GB free space on it. And the fourth partition is labeled Windows RE tools, and about 1.8 GB with 1.2 GB free space. Should I delete all partitions and make it all one unallocated drive space? Or would installing windows on the primary 463.9 GB partition be fine?

Candan

Honorable
Jul 27, 2014
It's always going to create the MBR (Master boot Record) and a System partition on an OS drive regardless if you delete it now. However, the Windows RE tools is the recovery tool if your system craps out.

You're going to see them reappear even if you delete all the partitions anyway

Solution