How do I download IM for regular XP?

I keep getting the screen that wants me to download the XP S2 pack and all I
want is Instant Messenger for regular XP...

Greetings Jess,

Right here:
http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4vvvv
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> I keep getting the screen that wants me to download the XP S2 pack and all I
> want is Instant Messenger for regular XP...

Thank you but when I click on the link I get this message:

The download you requested is unavailable. If you continue to see this
message when trying to access this download, you might try the "Search for a
Download" area on the Download Center home page.

Any suggestions?

?

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Jess,
>
> Right here:
> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4vvvv
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I keep getting the screen that wants me to download the XP S2 pack and all I
> > want is Instant Messenger for regular XP...

Go to AOL,WINDOWS MESSENGER,TRILLIAN for instant messengers. Also understand
that Microsoft will continue to bug about updating to its XP S2 pack. Good
luck..

"Jess" wrote:

> I keep getting the screen that wants me to download the XP S2 pack and all I
> want is Instant Messenger for regular XP...

Hi Jess,

I'm afraid this was a slip on the keyboard here, try this one:

> Thank you but when I click on the link I get this message:
>
> The download you requested is unavailable. If you continue to see this
> message when trying to access this download, you might try the "Search for a
> Download" area on the Download Center home page.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Greetings Jess,
>>
>> Right here:
>> http://microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=b475d2d1-6266-4d82-bf78-14597545a6b4vvvv
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>>
>> "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > I keep getting the screen that wants me to download the XP S2 pack and all I
>> > want is Instant Messenger for regular XP...

Success! Thank you :)