[SOLVED] How do I dual channel (ddr3) and what I need?

teesnefisir

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2015
What do I need to do dual channel ?, same brand, size, speed, latency, voltage ?. I understand that for it to work it must have the same brand, same size, same latency, and same voltage, if the speed is higher, it would equal the lowest speed, am I right?.

Solution
What do I need to do dual channel ?, same brand, size, speed, latency, voltage ?. I understand that for it to work it must have the same brand, same size, same latency, and same voltage, if the speed is higher, it would equal the lowest speed, am I right?.
yeah, just like you said.
It's always going to be hit and miss matching different ram sticks, even the same brand.

I've had decent results in the old days with ddr 3, intel always seemed to have less of an issue than amd.

Usually branded ram is going to be manufactured actual chip wise by micron (crucial), Kingston or Samsung.

Ignore the actual branding itself, just beacuse ram is branded by say 'corsair' it could actually be any of those 3,corsair, Team, geil, gskill etc do not actually manufacture the chips themselves.

Reactions: teesnefisir

teesnefisir

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2015
It's always going to be hit and miss matching different ram sticks, even the same brand.

I've had decent results in the old days with ddr 3, intel always seemed to have less of an issue than amd.

Usually branded ram is going to be manufactured actual chip wise by micron (crucial), Kingston or Samsung.

Ignore the actual branding itself, just beacuse ram is branded by say 'corsair' it could actually be any of those 3,corsair, Team, geil, gskill etc do not actually manufacture the chips themselves.

The truth is that I do not know how safe it can be to mix different brands with the same specifications ... I have read that you can but that it is not recommended. I prefer to bet it safe.

TRENDING THREADS