[SOLVED] How do I enable after disabling USB ports in bios

Sep 16, 2020
How do I enable after disabling USB ports in bios. I accidentally disable my usb trying to turn off light setting on my keyboard when I turn off my computer. Now I can’t use my keyboard or mouse. I tried unplugging and removing the battery but I still can’t get my keyboard to work.

Solution
How do I enable after disabling USB ports in bios. I accidentally disable my usb trying to turn off light setting on my keyboard when I turn off my computer. Now I can’t use my keyboard or mouse. I tried unplugging and removing the battery but I still can’t get my keyboard to work.
Removing the battery alone may require more time than you think. A lot of motherboards now also have a header you can jump to clear BIOS settings. Otherwise, after taking the battery out, short the terminals for 10 seconds. That will definitely drain any remaining power the battery-backed memory has

As crazy as it sounds, it's likely the settings are stored in a real-time-clock chip that sips microamps of current. Even reasonably small capacitor or...
Removing the battery alone may require more time than you think. A lot of motherboards now also have a header you can jump to clear BIOS settings. Otherwise, after taking the battery out, short the terminals for 10 seconds. That will definitely drain any remaining power the battery-backed memory has

As crazy as it sounds, it's likely the settings are stored in a real-time-clock chip that sips microamps of current. Even reasonably small capacitor or anything acting like a capacitor can keep this going for for minutes.

Solution
Sep 16, 2020

As crazy as it sounds, it's likely the settings are stored in a real-time-clock chip that sips microamps of current. Even reasonably small capacitor or anything acting like a capacitor can keep this going for for minutes.
Thank I figured it out. Turn out taking the battery work but for some reason my custom keyboard was not working in the bios. I just plug in a different keyboard I got everything running again.