Question How do I enable M.2 as a bootable drive for MSI B550

Status
Not open for further replies.

AudoJudo

Reputable
Jul 11, 2020
I have a MSI B550 motherboard and Im trying to enable my M.2 as a bootable drive to install windows on. The motherboard dectects the M.2 but I can't select it as a bootable drive nor is showing as a option. The only thing that is showing up is my flash drive with windows.

I have a MSI B550 motherboard and Im trying to enable my M.2 as a bootable drive to install windows on. The motherboard dectects the M.2 but I can't select it as a bootable drive nor is showing as a option. The only thing that is showing up is my flash drive with windows.
The motherboard defines a bootable drive as one which already contains a known installed operating system. If your m.2 is blank it won't be detected as a bootable driver until after you complete the windows installation. Note that when installing windows the installer prefers that you have only 1 drive connected at the time of installation; others can be connected after installation is complete.

AudoJudo

Reputable
Jul 11, 2020
The motherboard defines a bootable drive as one which already contains a known installed operating system. If your m.2 is blank it won't be detected as a bootable driver until after you complete the windows installation. Note that when installing windows the installer prefers that you have only 1 drive connected at the time of installation; others can be connected after installation is complete.
[/

Okay, let me try that.

USAFRet

Titan
Closing this one...no need for duplicates.

Go here:

Reactions: AudoJudo
Status
Not open for further replies.