[SOLVED] How do I enable onboard video ASUS PRIME B450M?

Oct 16, 2020
I have an ASUS PRIME B450M-A Rev X.0x motherboard with 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core processor.

It also has an NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 video card. I want to use 2 monitors but only one is compatible (port wise) with the vido card. I removed the card hoping to use the onboard DVI and VGA ports but not getting any display.

Is there a setting somewhere, either on the mobo or in bios, that became disabled when the video card was installed?

or Is there a way to run onboard and installed video simultaneously?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Solution
I have an ASUS PRIME B450M-A Rev X.0x motherboard with 3.60 gigahertz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core processor.

It also has an NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 video card. I want to use 2 monitors but only one is compatible (port wise) with the vido card. I removed the card hoping to use the onboard DVI and VGA ports but not getting any display.

Is there a setting somewhere, either on the mobo or in bios, that became disabled when the video card was installed?

You have to change CPUs to have onboard video. The 3600 CPU does not have any GPU.

kanewolf

Titan

You have to change CPUs to have onboard video. The 3600 CPU does not have any GPU.

Solution