[SOLVED] How do I figure out which type of display connector my laptop has ?

Solution

LVDS specifies the signalling and electrical characteristics, but not the connector.

1 To check if your computer's built-in display uses an embedded DisplayPort (eDP) or LVDS connector type:
From the Windows* desktop press Ctrl+Alt+F12 (My note here, this works if you have the Hotkey sequence enabled in the Intel Graphics and Media Control Center) key combination. If prompted select Advanced Mode application mode. Select Options and Support, Select Information Center, Change the System Information drop down to Built-in Display. Check the Connector Type field.

2 Built-in display uses connector types: eDP off the chipset or LVDS.

3 Built-in...

Colif

Win 11 Master

LVDS specifies the signalling and electrical characteristics, but not the connector.

1 To check if your computer's built-in display uses an embedded DisplayPort (eDP) or LVDS connector type:
From the Windows* desktop press Ctrl+Alt+F12 (My note here, this works if you have the Hotkey sequence enabled in the Intel Graphics and Media Control Center) key combination. If prompted select Advanced Mode application mode. Select Options and Support, Select Information Center, Change the System Information drop down to Built-in Display. Check the Connector Type field.

2 Built-in display uses connector types: eDP off the chipset or LVDS.

3 Built-in display uses eDP off a mobile processor.

Solution