How do I find and correct LAN errors

Donald_45

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
I was no longer able to connect my Kindle to the internet. I tried everythiing I could and then called Kindle Support. He said he could fix the problem and then showed me a list of all these error messages. He said these were network errors and were stopping my Kindle from connecting. He could easily fix them just tell him how much i wanted to pay%2C %24249 or %24349. I was informed that the warranty covered problems at their end%2C not mine.%0D%0AI can%27t seem to find these errors so I can try to fix them%2C any suggestions.%0D%strippedEmail

Solution

No details needed. Just say you have no access to the WIFI router, which is bad news, this means you have limited control over the situation.

Don't know what you are able to do, but if this was me, OBVIOUS thing to do is take the Kindle to some other locale, OK you don't go to Starbucks, how about library, anywhere to get free WIFI access just to see if the Kindle will talk to those other places. If problem there too, you know the Kindle is at fault, in fact you should mention that to Kindle support if that's the case, because Kindle support can't tell you to talk to Starbucks manager to fix their LAN! Another option is if you purchased it with AMEX, can file a claim and move on.
If you are able to get to the Internet, say at Starbucks, but not in your own LAN, then is you LAN's fault and Kindle is not responsible for your LAN.

Now... any other devices work on your LAN? Did this EVER worked? Any recent changes to the the LAN? Time to fess up.

Donald_45

Commendable
Feb 4, 2017
I don't get out very much, so haven't been to Starbucks. I have Gateway desktop running Win 7 Pro , an HP laptop running Win 10, an HP 8600 printer, and a Samsung TV all connected to the LAN and operational. I can't remember any recent changes. The first time I noticed a problem is when I tried to update some of my Kindle apps. I would really like to get this problem fixed, but not for $249

Don

No details needed. Just say you have no access to the WIFI router, which is bad news, this means you have limited control over the situation.

Don't know what you are able to do, but if this was me, OBVIOUS thing to do is take the Kindle to some other locale, OK you don't go to Starbucks, how about library, anywhere to get free WIFI access just to see if the Kindle will talk to those other places. If problem there too, you know the Kindle is at fault, in fact you should mention that to Kindle support if that's the case, because Kindle support can't tell you to talk to Starbucks manager to fix their LAN! Another option is if you purchased it with AMEX, can file a claim and move on.

Solution