Question How do I find how loud my system would be when buying a new device?

terryvalencia

Commendable
Jun 1, 2020
I noticed that my dell laptop is not very loud when I play any media be it in youtube or VLC. A same video on my youtube app in android is about 5-10 times louder in max volume compared to my laptop. Even when using a volume booster in laptop, smartphone wins without anything.

So, how do I know it beforehand buying any device? What specifications should I read?

How do I figure out that a laptop's internal speaker is original or not? (Except buying from reputed store which is what I will do but still we don't have that trustable sellers like in west).

My laptop is dell inspiron 15 5567. My sister's laptop is the same and her laptop's volume is so nice to hear. It's perfect. And it's loud as well. How do I get mine like that?

Last edited:
I noticed that my dell laptop is not very loud when I play any media be it in youtube or VLC. A same video on my youtube app in android is about 5-10 times louder in max volume compared to my laptop. Even when using a volume booster in laptop, smartphone wins without anything.

So, how do I know it beforehand buying any device? What specifications should I read?

How do I figure out that a laptop's internal speaker is original or not? (Except buying from reputed store which is what I will do but still we don't have that trustable sellers like in west).

My laptop is dell inspiron 15 5567. My sister's laptop is the same and her laptop's volume is so nice to hear. It's perfect. And it's loud as well. How do I get mine like that?
Nothing directly and indirectly, other's experience and temperatures some laptops work at. Loudness is directly related to fan speed and it's related to temperatures.
Other consideration is laptop's performance, more powerful ones will be quieter at lite to medium loads because the usage would be lower and with temperatures.
Last but not least is quality of particular laptop, can't expect same attention to detail on high and lower quality pieces.
As for speakers, beside quality of sound only way is to look inside but shouldn't matter much, mot are same size and quality but depend on quality of sound system on the MB,

terryvalencia

Commendable
Jun 1, 2020
Nothing directly and indirectly, other's experience and temperatures some laptops work at. Loudness is directly related to fan speed and it's related to temperatures.
Other consideration is laptop's performance, more powerful ones will be quieter at lite to medium loads because the usage would be lower and with temperatures.
Last but not least is quality of particular laptop, can't expect same attention to detail on high and lower quality pieces.
As for speakers, beside quality of sound only way is to look inside but shouldn't matter much, mot are same size and quality but depend on quality of sound system on the MB,
I'm talking about speakers only. My current laptop was too low in volume while listening to music in youtube and other sites. I want to get a new one. I want sth to test that's why. If I get the same problem again, then there's no point of it.

I'm talking about speakers only. My current laptop was too low in volume while listening to music in youtube and other sites. I want to get a new one. I want sth to test that's why. If I get the same problem again, then there's no point of it.
It's most probably not speaker problem but amplifier in the laptop.
As for knowing about sound for a new one, see if it's listed how much power in dB it puts out and or recessions/test or hearing for yourself.

Last edited: