[SOLVED] How do i find my case (read the full desc)

ItsGamingTube

Prominent
Jun 18, 2021
So i have an custom build pc (or built-in idk) that is super rare and i can't find the case (or the pc) on the internet.
It only says Priminfo on the power button and some numbers and codes that doesnt do anything.

Case info:
Color: black
PSU location: up
Button location: down
USB Ports: 2
Jack ports: 2
Button led: True
Button led color: blue
Date: i think 2007

Solution
It only says Priminfo on the power button and some numbers and codes that doesnt do anything...
I just want to know the model and the full specs and the guide.
depending on where it was purchased;
it could have been a lower quality OEM build with customizable options from an extinct company.
this could make finding the exact specs near to impossible without pulling out the components and identifying them yourself.

or it could've been a customizable build from a smaller retail shop that may have no exact model or specs determination.

if it is an OEM pre-built there will be a sticker located somewhere on the chassis.
underneath, somewhere on the interior, behind the motherboard, etc.
this would have a make\model listing along with...

ItsGamingTube

Prominent
Jun 18, 2021
picture maybe?
station2.jpg

Official SIte: https://theoldnet.com/get?decode=false&scripts=false&year=2007&url=http://priminfo.be//nl//produits/

The last image

+the floppy drive is removed
+the button was removed (still have it)

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Looks like a pretty typical MicroATX tower, not sure specifications or a guide is all that useful.

If you have it in hand, you can determine almost anything about it.

2 5 1/4" bays
2 3 1/2" bays
2 internal 3 1/2" bays (at least from the few interior pictures I found)

4 expansion slots

ATX PSU top-mounted

Not a very wide chassis, I would avoid tall CPU coolers. So probably stick with 92mm fans for rifle coolers, most downdraft coolers will work.

GPU length is probably 10.5" maximum, or about the width of the motherboard. Maybe less, but that is easily measured by hand.

station2.jpg

Official SIte: https://theoldnet.com/get?decode=false&scripts=false&year=2007&url=http://priminfo.be//nl//produits/

The last image

+the floppy drive is removed
+the button was removed (still have it)

pc model is probably unobtainable, something custom with theirs logo
pc hardware you can check with hardware info apps (hwinfo, aida, etc)
what do you mean by guide? back then guides were in form of books (how to use pc, how to use windows etc) or by paid technician (as that is workstation pc so there comes some technicians as a guide xD)

ItsGamingTube

Prominent
Jun 18, 2021
Looks like a pretty typical MicroATX tower, not sure specifications or a guide is all that useful.

If you have it in hand, you can determine almost anything about it.

2 5 1/4" bays
2 3 1/2" bays
2 internal 3 1/2" bays (at least from the few interior pictures I found)

4 expansion slots

ATX PSU top-mounted

Not a very wide chassis, I would avoid tall CPU coolers. So probably stick with 92mm fans for rifle coolers, most downdraft coolers will work.

GPU length is probably 10.5" maximum, or about the width of the motherboard. Maybe less, but that is easily measured by hand.
Yes i own it and i have it in my house (i use it for word,powerpoint,excel,retro gaming on win 7,tv,etc) and can you pls tell me the model and from where you got the specs (size,etc).
And from where you got the interior pics
Also tell me if its a custom build pc or a built-in pc

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Certainly an off the shelf PC, however, not like the big OEMs. More like a computer made with off the shelf parts, so fully customizable.

Just by looking at it and having experience with computer chassis. As for the images, just google. That company is apparently a somewhat common brand in Europe. I saw listings in French and Dutch in a quick search. The chassis has changed a little over the years, but probably only on the outside. My guess would be the internals haven't in a while. Just a cheap case that Priminfo has produced for themselves. They seem to sell to schools mostly. Their website is atrociously old.

For external dimensions, you can measure it. For internal GPU length you can measure that easily from expansion slot out to the the drive cages that are likely to be in the way. Most mid-range GPUs will fit just fine. CPU height is harder to measure, but you can get a close estimate by sticking a rule or tape from the CPU or base of the existing cooler and eyeing where the case panel would get in the way.

All that said, chassis are pretty cheap, and there are certainly better ones out there. Better airflow, more up to date features, better cable management...

It only says Priminfo on the power button and some numbers and codes that doesnt do anything...
it could have been a lower quality OEM build with customizable options from an extinct company.
this could make finding the exact specs near to impossible without pulling out the components and identifying them yourself.

or it could've been a customizable build from a smaller retail shop that may have no exact model or specs determination.

if it is an OEM pre-built there will be a sticker located somewhere on the chassis.
this would have a make\model listing along with serial and\or UPC #s.

if you are serious about purchasing it ~2007 than finding out an actual make\model for this specific system would do you almost no good anyway.
anything in it would be so old that replacing with exact or compatible components would be a waste of money.
any new even budget-priced parts would be a much better deal with much better performance.

by "guide" i imagine you mean user manual.
even if you find a make & model for the system, finding an existing user manual online may still be impossible.
if it turns out to be a very popular model you may find some owners that have uploaded a .pdf of the manual somewhere, but most manufacturers don't still offer downloads for such old products.

maybe explaining why exactly you want this information could help with your situation.
are you just curious or planning on some hardware changes within the system?

Solution

ItsGamingTube

Prominent
Jun 18, 2021

this would have a make\model listing along with serial and\or UPC #s.

if you are serious about purchasing it ~2007 than finding out an actual make\model for this specific system would do you almost no good anyway.
anything in it would be so old that replacing with exact or compatible components would be a waste of money.
any new even budget-priced parts would be a much better deal with much better performance.

by "guide" i imagine you mean user manual.
even if you find a make & model for the system, finding an existing user manual online may still be impossible.
if it turns out to be a very popular model you may find some owners that have uploaded a .pdf of the manual somewhere, but most manufacturers don't still offer downloads for such old products.

maybe explaining why exactly you want this information could help with your situation.
are you just curious or planning on some hardware changes within the system?
It doesnt have an oem sticker i tried a lot to find it on the case it just have some barcodes that redirects me nowhere.
I want to know the model because i can see compatible components on that pc

USAFRet

Titan
It doesnt have an oem sticker i tried a lot to find it on the case it just have some barcodes that redirects me nowhere.
I want to know the model because i can see compatible components on that pc
What is in it NOW?

Either it is ATX standard, in which case regular ATX parts will fit.

Or it is some proprietary thing, in which case it should probably just go to the landfill.

ItsGamingTube

Prominent
Jun 18, 2021
I know but this is not my main pc.
You can see my specs bellow but i like that case and i use the pc for retro gaming and word.

4GB ram,nvidia 210,intel D946GZIS motherboard,intel pentium d 915 is enough for windows 10 and retro gaming.

Also i love that pc becuase when i got it when i was 7 years old and i was so happy.And i want to keep this pc for more than 20 years.

ItsGamingTube

Prominent
Jun 18, 2021
That motherboard is microATX.
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/23503/intel-desktop-board-d946gzis.html

It, like the case, are nothing magical.
15 years old.

What are your plans for it?
Does it currently run?

If so, leave it.
If not, gut it, and try to forcefit current parts into it.
(a poor airflow situation)
I think its pre-built and yeah it works super fine.Compatible with windows 10 pro,run old games and some modern games,fans are not super loud but they are okay.I had a prolem with the psu fan 10 years ago but i fixed it.
I always care about my computers (even cars).
I still have my first "gaming rig" from '95 and it still works in 2021.I just repleaced the cmos battery.

Also i dont want to put my components into that case because a Asus Rog strix Z390-H gaming can't fit into that case.And the watercooling system? :LOL:
I just want to know what model it is so if something happens with it i can go to a service,pay some moneys and they will repair it.

And the airflow is not poor because it have a hole on the detachable plate,2 holes here:
image-2021-07-07-213224.png

One hole here:
image.png
(i removed the floppy drive)
And one hole on the psu location.

It also have a powerful fan (even if it's a little bit loud) and i changed the thermal paste every 3 months.I also clean it every 1-2 months and i always close it from the psu button.
And about the gaming rig... i clean it almost weekly.And thermal paste is not needed on a watercooled system.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Repairs would just be part replacements at this point. Aren't many shops that out there that A) need to know the exact computer for troubleshooting, B) Actually repair the hardware, C) Wouldn't just recommend a replacement anyway.

Start taking backups of the system and files if you aren't.

Nothing really different about that system that couldn't be replaced with off shelf components.

Still PCIe and x86. If something goes wrong, and you still want the computer to look like that, just replace the motherboard, CPU, memory, PSU. GT210 isn't much of a GPU, so anything up through the 700 series is pretty much going to work.

A low-power Celeron from a few years back would be more than enough.

thermal paste is not needed on a watercooled system.
i can tell you, you are absolutely wrong.
no commercial CPU block dissipates heat fast enough that it does not need thermal paste.

you may be able to keep the CPU alive for a time but there would be no point to the water cooling system with the temperatures you would reach without using the thermal paste.
and eventually it would seriously deteriorate or just flat out die from the maximum temperatures it will be reaching.
And about the gaming rig... i clean it almost weekly.
why?
are you using a bad designed case that really lets in that much dust while leaving the system sitting on carpet?
or is it just a type of OCD thing?

mikewinddale

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2016
Water-cooling DOES need thermal paste, to fill in the microscopic air gaps between the CPU and the waterblock. Air is a poor heat conductor. It doesn't matter whether you're air-cooling or water-cooling; you need thermal paste to fill in those gaps between the CPU and the contact plate.

And you only need to replace thermal paste every few years, not every 3 months.

ItsGamingTube

Prominent
Jun 18, 2021
Water-cooling DOES need thermal paste, to fill in the microscopic air gaps between the CPU and the waterblock. Air is a poor heat conductor. It doesn't matter whether you're air-cooling or water-cooling; you need thermal paste to fill in those gaps between the CPU and the contact plate.

And you only need to replace thermal paste every few years, not every 3 months.
I have a I9 and the watercooling system is made by Corsair.I got this gaming rig 4 years ago (custom build).When i will have to replace the thermal paste?

Also i replace the thermal paste every 3 months because i want to keep that old workstation for years and i want to keep it healthy.

mikewinddale

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2016
I have a I9 and the watercooling system is made by Corsair.I got this gaming rig 4 years ago (custom build).When i will have to replace the thermal paste?

Call Corsair and ask them what brand of thermal paste they use. Different brands have different lifespans.

For example, my Noctua heatsink came with Noctua NT-H1 paste with a lifespan of 5 years. So I used Arctic MX-5, which has a lifespan of 8 years.

Most thermal pastes last about 5 years, but you have to check the packaging or specs of a particular paste to be sure.