Question How do I find my current chipset driver?

Mister Lemons

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2014
I've searched everywhere for and answer and have actually come full circle to the point where I'm revisiting answers I've read before to see if I missed something. The consensus is the same: everyone on this planet whom wants to check their chipset driver version is using intel.

I am not. I built this beautiful new system, upgraded to Windows 10 (now that it's not trash), and have made myself at my virtual home. I've run Radeon settings and ASUS' own chipset driver installer (which always loads radeon settings anyway) but nothing seems to have changed. I'm at the point bordering saying "screw it, it works as is" and not attempting to touch it any further. I'm at a loss. How to I definitively confirm my chipset driver version? I've checked quite a few tabs under the System Devices tab in the device manager but the punchline is that I don't know exactly what I should be looking at to find out.

Windows 10 x64
ASUS X470 Pro
Ryzen 5 1600
MSI R9 380
4Gb 2800 DDR4 (x2)

Everything will come from AMD so AMD website for latest drivers. I understand you want to know what's installed but you should know under AMD GPU drivers as well. I think there is a tab somewhere to show all drivers installed. On this computer I only have Nvidia sadly :(

Mister Lemons

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2014
Do you have the ASUS Grid app Installed ?
If so just run that and click on the tools icon and it will list your chipset, audio and LAN driver version and let you know if a newer version is available from ASUS.
I do not, didn't even know it was a thing really. By the look of it I don't want that anywhere in my system, the last thing I need is a third party choosing my drivers for me.

Everything will come from AMD so AMD website for latest drivers. I understand you want to know what's installed but you should know under AMD GPU drivers as well. I think there is a tab somewhere to show all drivers installed. On this computer I only have Nvidia sadly :(
I can find my display adapter drivers no problem, i keep them properly updated. In the way of AMD's website I have Radeon Settings installed which basically updates everything related to AMD on the system (in this case, damn near everything). In this case I'm simply attempting to confirm, as I do with all my updated hardware drivers, that the chipset driver version is up to date.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I do not, didn't even know it was a thing really. By the look of it I don't want that anywhere in my system, the last thing I need is a third party choosing my drivers for me.
You don't have to install the drivers using that app BUT it will tell you what version is currently installed on your Asus MB based PC which is exactly what you asked for in the OP.

Last edited: