How do i find my motherboards monel number?????

furious_cruzer

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
i need to replace my motherboard, but searches lead me to 1/2 a dozon boards, cpuz doesnt show much and i took a pic of my bios http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=162876790, can someone let me know how to find it? i dont want to replace with the wrong board

furious_cruzer

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
i have cpuz, looked at it, doesnt give anything but "Quanta 30A0" and there are tons of differant "models" it is a very common motherboard, i need a detailed model for example "412237-001" cpuz doesnt show that, thats why im here

furious_cruzer

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

bios is what im assuming your talking about, and bios shows the same as cpuz, there is a detailed model number but i dont want to tear my notebook apart to find it, laptop still works and im using it now, it is my only pc, i need to swap cause sound out of speakers doesnt work MOST of the time

If you have your original system number, try hp's online tech support, which is usually free. I got online with a tech for almost 20 minutes recently to discuss ordering an hp backplate for a board I was trying to purchase. The tech was able to take me to the correct page for ordering the part with pricing, etc. I gave her top ratings when they emailed a questionaire about her service. She went out of her way to find an answer at no charge. I had another hp system, but was interested in a board sold at computer geeks. Even though I didn't purchase the board, I was pleased with hp's service.

furious_cruzer

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009

thats 1 thing i can try