How do I fix a computer that won't turn on?

ChavaAteSkittles

Honorable
Jun 16, 2013
My dad gave me his laptop and it doesn't work anymore but I still hope that it can be fixed.The laptop is a HP and you know how hp drivers suck well my dad's driver blew I think and I wanna know how to fix it and. The laptop won't turn on cause the hp driver I think but it hasn't been on for more then a year.

Solution
With the laptop start with the ac brick. Use a volt meter to read the output of thebrick. There a voltage lable on the bottom. If the voltage is fine on the brick check the back of the laptop to see if the power pin is snapped off.if it not snapped or broken and ther no led lights showing on the laptop. Your down to the CPU and or logic board of the laptop. You can google the model number of the laptop top and the words system board to find a price. Some older hp had class action lawsuits on them for bad gpu on the system board type in your hp model and word class action to see if your model was covered by one.
With the laptop start with the ac brick. Use a volt meter to read the output of thebrick. There a voltage lable on the bottom. If the voltage is fine on the brick check the back of the laptop to see if the power pin is snapped off.if it not snapped or broken and ther no led lights showing on the laptop. Your down to the CPU and or logic board of the laptop. You can google the model number of the laptop top and the words system board to find a price. Some older hp had class action lawsuits on them for bad gpu on the system board type in your hp model and word class action to see if your model was covered by one.

Solution