[SOLVED] How do I fix a corrupted DISM file?

Dec 9, 2019
So when the NSA announced the update that needed to be sent installed to protect from MITM attacks i was not home so I asked a relative to do it for me and when I returned it said "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." so I tried to do the cleanup image in cmd prompt but this came up. "the configuration registry database is corrupted windows 10" I haven't tried anything to extreme but if worse case scenario happens and no one can help me i'd be ok with resetting windows to protect my pc. Thank you! P.S if you have any other ideas on fixing the "Your device is missing important security and quality fixes." i'd be open to hear them thanks.

Solution
Which version of win 10 are you on?
right click start
choose run...
type winver and press enter
Current version is 1909. If that is what you are running, try below -
have you tried

Download a copy of the win 10 iso from Here - create ISO by telling it you want to make DVD - and then mount that ISO in file explorer (see Here) and then copy paste the below command into command prompt (admin)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

If you are on 1909 and the source answer doesn't fix problem, can always do a repair install -...

Colif

Win 11 Master
right click start
choose run...
have you tried

Download a copy of the win 10 iso from Here - create ISO by telling it you want to make DVD - and then mount that ISO in file explorer (see Here) and then copy paste the below command into command prompt (admin)

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

If you are on 1909 and the source answer doesn't fix problem, can always do a repair install - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

If you aren't on 1909 you cannot use that fix as it requires ISO to be same version as what is installed. I would suggest creating a Win 10 ISO on another PC and use it to update win 10 as it will replace all system files during the update process - Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB. Media creation tool can be used to update a PC but its more ideal to create the USB on a working PC. Once made, put it in PC and open file explorer and navigate to USB and double click on the setup.exe. It will offer to update current PC

Solution
Dec 9, 2019
right click start
choose run...
have you tried

If you are on 1909 and the source answer doesn't fix problem, can always do a repair install - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html

If you aren't on 1909 you cannot use that fix as it requires ISO to be same version as what is installed. I would suggest creating a Win 10 ISO on another PC and use it to update win 10 as it will replace all system files during the update process - Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB. Media creation tool can be used to update a PC but its more ideal to create the USB on a working PC. Once made, put it in PC and open file explorer and navigate to USB and double click on the setup.exe. It will offer to update current PC

I'm on version 1903. So i'll try the second option. And i'll let you know what happened thanks!

Dec 9, 2019
Have you tried just using Windows Update to apply the latest updates?

The errors i get are

2020-01 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 (KB4534132) - Error 0x800703f1

2020-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems (KB4528760) - Error 0x80070020

Dec 9, 2019
Since you on 1903, the best option is upgrading win 10 via the USB as mentioned in last paragraph. The top 2 fixes need 1909 to work. Unless you happen to have an iso of 1903

I do not have another pc that uses windows 10 version 1909 they’re all 1903 . Is my best bet just to reset now?