[SOLVED] How do I fix disabled GPU drivers with a black screen?

Sep 10, 2020
Hello! First time poster. A few days ago, I was trying to fix a problem I was having with my gpu and monitor, and following an online guide, I disabled my GPU driver in device manager. I have two GPU's in SLI, and I disabled both of them. Of course, my screen immediately went black and did not come back on. I tried turning the desktop off and on, but I still had "no signal" on my monitor. I tried plugging in the DP cable into both GPU's and the I/O panel, but still nothing. So, I went ahead and took the GPU's out of the rig, and plugged into the I/O panel (using the integrated graphics). Finally, I am able to see something. However, when I reinstall the GPU's, I get a black screen again. My question is, how do I fix my error so that when I install my GPU's I dont get a black screen. I don't know of any way to reenable the drivers when the GPU's aren't installed.

My rig:
MSI MPG Gaming Carbon Wifi
2x GTX 980 in SLI (To be replaced soon)
34gb mem

Thank you in advance!

Sep 10, 2020
MSI MPG Gaming Carbon WiFi - Motherboard Manual
Ref: Pg. 54

In BIOS, check to see if there is an option under the Settings Menu to enable on-board/integrated graphics while a discrete card is installed.

If there isn't an option, then you will need to reset BIOS while there is no discrete graphics card installed (Ref: Pg. 48)

-Wolf sends
Thank you! That did the trick. I didn't realize there was such a setting in BIOS. For others with the same problem with an MPG, it's Advanced>Settings>Advanced>Integrated Graphics Configuration>Initiate Graphic Adapter>IDG. Just have to uninstall the discrete card to get into BIOS first.

Reactions: joannapdmiranda

TRENDING THREADS