[SOLVED] How do I fix frame drops when charger plugged in?

Feb 1, 2020
Notes about the issue:
-I've tried many different combinations of changing the power options e.g maximum performance when charging/max performance when not charging etc.
-Laptop can usually play games like Rocket League on high settings but when plugged in it can't even run left 4 dead 2 without massive frame drops.
-I tried using software to check my CPU temp, it didn't seem high enough to cause frame drops like those but idk much about that stuff so I'm willing to redo tests like that
(Sorry in advance if I do something wrong here I'm new to posting on this kind of forum)

Laptop Specs (HP):
Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce MX130

Video Card #2
Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

RAM
16 GB

Operating System
Windows 10

Solution
Notes about the issue:
-I've tried many different combinations of changing the power options e.g maximum performance when charging/max performance when not charging etc.
-Laptop can usually play games like Rocket League on high settings but when plugged in it can't even run left 4 dead 2 without massive frame drops.
-I tried using software to check my CPU temp, it didn't seem high enough to cause frame drops like those but idk much about that stuff so I'm willing to redo tests like that
(Sorry in advance if I do something wrong here I'm new to posting on this kind of forum)

Laptop Specs (HP):
Processor

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce MX130

Video Card #2

RAM
16 GB...
Notes about the issue:

Laptop Specs (HP):
Processor

Video Card
NVIDIA GeForce MX130

Video Card #2

RAM
16 GB

Operating System
Windows 10

I think you need to check what graphics card is running when unplugged- typically when running only on battery laptops are set to use integrated graphics (which are usually fairly slow, but should be fast enough for both Rocket League and L4D 2).... if you open windows task manager when you run the game you should see both graphics cards listed. The usage will go up on the one being used when running the game....

Solution