obeyeddog

Commendable
Apr 18, 2018
I have a problem that might be hard to explain. Whenever there is a dark object on screen, and it's moving, that object blurs black around the edges and wherever black is adjacent to. I have an MSI Optix G27C2 144hz Curved monitor and I use a DP cable. I've tried most solutions I have found on the internet. These include overdrive and other settings, most of which my monitor doesn't have. It's not something I see in every single thing on the screen, just anything black or dark and only when it's in motion. My real question is, how do I fix this first of all, and second, what's causing this? My expensive monitor, my gpu, or just my over-sensitive eyes? Any solution is greatly appreciated.

My GPU is a GTX 1060, and CPU is Ryzen 5 1600x

8qePknk.jpg

A mouse cursor was the easiest example, the mouse is moving to the right, and the thick black line on the left is the problem. Imagine this, but on every object on screen.
Here's another example of me scrolling through a random options menu because it's a very dark area.

video is taking a bit to upload because I didn't know how, but just give it a hot minute it's a much better example.

Last edited:
Solution
It's ghosting, nothing weird about it. It's a common issue with va monitors. There just isn't any va monitor that is as fast as ips or tn yet. We used to have the issue with ips so tech is advancing. You may notice that any moving around is a bit blurrier than a similar hz tn or ips. Darker colors just ghost more.

Lots of people will bring up 1ms but like most monitor specs, it's false or best possible, not average or normal or anything anyone would ever use in the real world. In fact response time is the worst culprit because it's often with reverse ghosting to achieve it.
It's ghosting, nothing weird about it. It's a common issue with va monitors. There just isn't any va monitor that is as fast as ips or tn yet. We used to have the issue with ips so tech is advancing. You may notice that any moving around is a bit blurrier than a similar hz tn or ips. Darker colors just ghost more.

Lots of people will bring up 1ms but like most monitor specs, it's false or best possible, not average or normal or anything anyone would ever use in the real world. In fact response time is the worst culprit because it's often with reverse ghosting to achieve it.

Reactions: obeyeddog
Solution

obeyeddog

Commendable
Apr 18, 2018

Thanks, I feel more knowledgeable about monitors now. I can deal with it now that it's not bothering me wondering what it could be