How do I fix Inversion/Pixel Walk?

Austin_38

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/inversion.php

I had a 23in W2371d HP monitor and it flickers a lot on the color gray. It makes using Steam and playing FFXIV almost impossible without giving me a headache. I thought it might be the monitor so I bought a 23in HP LV2311. They look the same but they are different models. Internet says this is a hardware problem but I don't know what to replace.

Monitor? GPU? Power Supply?

Solution

I would get a display port cable or at least a DVI. VGA is just obsolete. If you've tried your step dads monitor and the problem has almost completely gone away then you have your answer. You will need a new/different...

Austin_38

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

I tried with the W2371d and the LV2311. They are basically the same monitor but a different model and both have the same issue. The LV2311 is the one I just bought a couple days ago though. I tried my step dads monitor and the problem basically goes away ALMOST entirely. The linked website says it's apparently a voltage problem. The cable I'm using is a VGA cable with the adapter that came with the graphics card.

iRon_Man22

Reputable
Dec 7, 2014

I would get a display port cable or at least a DVI. VGA is just obsolete. If you've tried your step dads monitor and the problem has almost completely gone away then you have your answer. You will need a new/different monitor (and a new cable as I said).

Solution

Austin_38

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

Thanks for the help friend.

Austin_38

Commendable
Apr 16, 2016

Also I think I'll get a DVI adapter because my monitor at the moment doesn't have a display port slot.