Question How do I fix mouse lag?

Feb 10, 2019
So I have a little problem:
My mouse cursor lags a little (for a few seconds) when I open an image in PS or Snip & Sketch and on some other apps, but never in games or Google. This is really irritating because a few weeks ago everything was fine! The lag is just like a jitter and my pc is really really good so this shouldnt be happening...

swineadam

Prominent
Jun 21, 2018
i don't entirely know what advice to give on this, but can try to offer something and hopefully someone else will have something to offer too.

check your drives connection. open your PC and disconnect all the drives one-by-one. remember the ports they were in, because i want you to disconnect the power wire and then the sata wire from both ends. then, carefully and slowly, re-connect all the drives. and be sure to try not to press the wires into the connections TOO firmly. just carefully insert the wires, you should know when they are fully plugged in. (this is actually a common mistake for people to make when connecting drives. people want to make sure the drives are connected securely and firmly, and give the connection a little extra umph after plugging in. but this can actually cause problems with the connection. well, to my experience anyhow.)

i would also run through the following commands from a cmd prompt...

chkdsk ?: /f /r /x (replace the ? with your drive letter. it will most likely ask you to schedule the scan for the next time you boot/restart the PC.)

then...

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)

then...

sfc /scannow

i am not sure where to go after that. if could be the picture itself is somehow corrupted, but i wouldn't know. hopefully someone else has something they can suggest. good luck!

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS