[SOLVED] How do I fix my computer?

CoffeeStoreGuy

Honorable
May 7, 2017
When I first got my gpu 6 months ago it had this problem where it would stop displaying and the gpu would rev up, but now it will boot up for a few minutes, and my monitor will stop detecting input. I tried all hdmi ports on my system, but integrated graphics wasn't working either. I think it's a psu problem, but idk.

Update: integrated graphics works, but gpu doesn't display at all, and it revs up randomly. It's only 7 months old, so it shouldn't be dying already. I don't know if it's a loose connection, because I've already tried fixing it by unplugging everything, and then making sure it was connected securely. Anyone have any ideas?

Motherboard: MSI - MPG Z390 Gaming Plus
Cpu: i5 8400 2.8Ghz
GPU: EVGA 1070ti 8gb
RAM: Corsai Vengeance LPX 3000Ghz 16gb
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/J7HWq4

Last edited:
Solution
When I first got my gpu 6 months ago it had this problem where it would stop displaying and the gpu would rev up
Have you had this since you got the GPU? If so, it should have been returned then - if the problems are now getting worse, it is probably just a progression of the original problem.
It's not that it is dying in just 7months, it more sounds like it was dying when you first got it, and it has progressed.

As an additional note, my understanding is the EVGA W1 Units are poor quality, so this could potentially be contributing to the problem.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
When I first got my gpu 6 months ago it had this problem where it would stop displaying and the gpu would rev up
Have you had this since you got the GPU? If so, it should have been returned then - if the problems are now getting worse, it is probably just a progression of the original problem.
It's not that it is dying in just 7months, it more sounds like it was dying when you first got it, and it has progressed.

As an additional note, my understanding is the EVGA W1 Units are poor quality, so this could potentially be contributing to the problem.

Solution

CoffeeStoreGuy

Honorable
May 7, 2017

I'm gonna try to contact support tomorrow, so hopefully I can return it, and everything will be alright.