dakota.lapointe

Prominent
Jul 31, 2018
Recently I started having issues where my headset only played audio through the left side. I have tested multiple headsets and all yield the same results.
My front panel mic jack seems fine but the audio input is a little loose when I have something plugged into it. I can kind of play with the wires moving it around until sound comes through both sides and I have to slightly push forward on the actual headset jack to get it working properly.

I have already checked the rear inputs on my motherboard that work fine as well as cleaned and triple checked my front panel connections to make sure I didn't nudge anything the wrong way during a new gpu installation.

Is there any way I can fix my front panel input? My desk is kind of small and I have to move all my peripherals which are tightly bound together for cable management which makes it a pain to get access to the rear of the case.

Thanks for any advice or help.

My Pc
Rosewill Cullinan MX
MSI B450 Gaming Plus motherboard
2x4gb 2666mhz hyperx ram
Ryzen 5 2600 - stock clocked
EVGA CLC 120 AIO
Gigabyte RTX 2060 6GB Gaming OC

Solution
Depends, you can fix it via DIY and re solder the points, which is common issue, or buy new one replacement from "Whatever online site you buy/Locally" (In that case you can buy 3.0 which does exists).

I have allready resoldered my front panel usb's and microphone jack, and now are not wiggly.
Depends, you can fix it via DIY and re solder the points, which is common issue, or buy new one replacement from "Whatever online site you buy/Locally" (In that case you can buy 3.0 which does exists).

I have allready resoldered my front panel usb's and microphone jack, and now are not wiggly.

Solution